PRIVACY AND COOKIE USAGE POLICY
May 24, 2018
The privacy of your personal data/information is important to JWN Energy Limited Partnership (“JWN”). JWN is owned by Glacier Media Inc. This notice (the “Policy”) describes JWN’s privacy and cookie usage policy as it pertains to the following websites (“Websites”, or individually a “Website”):
- CanOils – www.canoils.com
- Daily Oil Bulletin – www.dailyoilbulletin.com
- JWN Energy – www.jwnenergy.com
- The Oilfield Atlas – www.oilfieldatlas.com
- POST Report – www.postreport.ca
- Rig Locator – www.riglocator.ca
By using any of these Websites, you are acknowledging and accepting this Policy.
1. Information We Collect. JWN may ask for and collect from you personally identifiable and other information at certain intervals throughout your access to and use of one or more of our Websites. Depending on the information and/or services you request, you may be asked to provide your name, email address, company, position, title and other information that is relevant to the information and/or services you have requested. In addition to the information you provide to us directly, JWN and its service providers, such as Google Inc., Salesforce and Pardot, also collect the domain names and IP addresses of its visitors, along with usage statistics (e.g., types of web browsers and operating systems used) and browsing history, including web pages visited, web forms completed and reports requested and downloaded. This data is used to more efficiently operate JWN’s business, promote our services and administer our Websites. JWN may combine this personally identifiable and additional data with other information it collects. JWN may also collect any information you choose to provide in your communications with us. Please do not send us personally identifiable information or complete any web forms containing personally identifiable information that you do not wish us to receive and process.
3. How JWN Uses Your Information. JWN processes personal information for certain business purposes, in keeping with its legitimate interests for processing your personal data/information and those of its stakeholders, namely customers, prospects, readers, advertisers and sponsors. These business purposes include some or all of the following:
- To process and respond to inquiries;
- For the purposes for which you provided the information;
- To enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers and Website visitors;
- To better understand how users interact with our Websites and thereby to improve Website content and navigability;
- To alert you to new products and features, special events and service offerings;
- To distribute specific direct marketing pieces that bring value to our readers and target audience;
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising;
- To identify and prevent fraudulent use of our services;
- To enhance the security and performance of our network and information systems;
- To enforce the Terms and Conditions of the respective websites.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we do so responsibly and in accordance with the policies outlined herein. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please email us at email@example.com with your request. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to undertake the provision of services or products that you have requested of us.
5. How We Protect Information. JWN endeavours to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information. JWN has implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal information.
6. How You Can View or Update Your Personal Information. To ensure that you have as much control over your personally identifiable and other information as possible, you may update your information or have your information removed from our servers (“right to be forgotten”) by contacting us as provided in the “Contacts” section below. We will use reasonable efforts to process any changes you make; provided, however, that requests to delete information are subject to JWN’s internal reporting and retention policies and all applicable legal obligations.
7. Transfer of Information outside the EEA. We currently transfer information outside the EEA in the following circumstances: (a) where you have registered, signed-up or otherwise subscribed to our services, to our team members operating in countries outside the EEA to enable them to inform you of changes or enhancements to the Websites or the products or services which we offer; and (b) to our servers which are currently located in Canada and the USA but which may in the future be located in another country outside the EEA. Because our servers are located in Canada and the USA, transfer of all our data outside the EEA is necessary to enable us to operate our Websites. If you provide us personal information via the Websites, you are deemed to have consented to the transfer and storage of your personal data and information outside the EEA as set out herein. If you do not wish any of your personal data or information to be stored or transferred outside the EEA, you may withdraw your consent to this at any time by notifying us at the e-mail address specified in Clause 11 of this Policy. However, because our servers are located outside the EEA, if you withdraw your consent, we will no longer be able to keep your data, keep you informed of our services, or otherwise provide you with our services.
8. How to Opt-Out. If you prefer not to receive any further communications from us, you may selectively opt-out of marketing communications by visiting JWN’s preference center. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Changes to This Policy. From time to time, we may change this Policy. Changes to this Policy are effective as of the effective date listed above and indicates the last time this Policy was updated. Your continued use of JWN’s Websites indicates your consent to the changes to this Policy.
11. Contacts. For additional information on this Policy and compliance with the Alberta Personal Information Protection Act and the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, contact JWN's privacy officer by email at email@example.com, by mail at 2nd Flr-816 55 Avenue NE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2E 6Y4, or phone at 403.209.3500 or toll free at 1.800.387.2446.
JWN and its service providers use “cookies”, pixel tags, and other digital markers on our Websites. We also use pixel tags in our newsletters. A cookie is a very small piece of information in the form of a text file placed on your computer. A pixel tag is a small image file that allows us to know that you have visited one of our pages. These digital markers allow us and our service providers to recognize that you have previously visited one of our Websites. They can also tell us whether you have clicked on a link in one of our newsletters.
Managing your Cookies.
Cookie management is implemented differently in every browser, and you can acquaint yourself with this by visiting the appropriate ”help” information associated with your specific browser. For further information about ‘cookies’ please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.