The Alberta Export Awards
The Alberta Export Awards are the province’s most prestigious awards, paying tribute to the success and innovative approaches of Alberta export companies. Extending across industries and including both rural and urban representation, the awards are a celebration of the contributions exporters have made to both the provincial and national economy.
The event not only celebrates export success but highlights the path to growth and the challenges these organizations have overcome. To help exporters further their business goals, the awards provide international growth opportunities by connecting clients to export enablers.
- Oil and Gas Service and Supply
- Clean Technology
- Consumer Products
- Agriculture Food and Beverage
- Professional Services
- Advanced Technology and Innovation
- Emerging Exporter
- International Business Studies Student Award
- Exporter of the Year
Benefits of being a winner:
- Feature story in one of JWN's many media outlets such as jwnenergy.com or Oilweek - with a reach of more than 35,000 business professionals
- Profile in the Business in Calgary/Business in Edmonton export keepsake edition - distributed to 30,000 in each city
- Additional acclaim for your export accomplishments, a digital winners badge will be provided noting your 2016 Alberta Export awards win
For additional information on the award program, please visit albertaexportawards.com
Thank you to all that nominated and applied for the 2016 program. Finalists have been announced!
Registration is open for the award gala on Thursday December 8, 2016, book now while full tables are still available!
The gala will be held at the Renaissance Hotel Airport in Edmonton, AB.
What you can expect:
10:30 a.m. VIP Reception for Finalists and Sponsors: Meet Minister Bilous, Minister of Economic Development and Trade
11:00 a.m. Networking reception
12:00 p.m. Served Luncheon
12:15 p.m. Award ceremony and keynote presentations
Speaking highlights include:
Opening welcome by the honourable Minister Bilous, Minister of Economic Development and Trade
- Exporter support for continued success: Mark Senn, Regional Vice President, West at Export Development Canada will identify the various support Federal, Provincial and Municipal agencies can provide
- Localization done right: Michele Hecken, President of Alpha Global Experts will explain best practices for success in foreign markets by optimizing product/services localization
- Being an Alberta Export Award winner boosts company profile: Brydon Gierl, Co-Founder and VP of Manufacturing at CoolIT Systems, winner of the 2015 Exporter of the Year award shares their company's path to international success
- Key trends, inside intelligence, practical advice and tools for global success: Anupam Sharma, Director of Advisory Services at JWN shares the knowledge and insights from the first two of a series of "Going Global" reports
Join us as we celebrate and learn from fellow exporters and supporters!
Event sponsors and supporters
Thank you to our event sponsors and partners who contribute to the success of the program and award celebration.
HSBC Bank Canada
Export Development Canada
Business in Calgary/Business in Edmonton
Leduc Nisku Economic Development Association
Alberta Woman Entrepreneurs
Lloydminster Economic Development
Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
Edmonton Chamber of Commerce
Red Deer County
Access Prosperity: Central Alberta
Llyodminster Economic Development
Thank you to our sponsors and nominating partners for supporting export excellence and encouraging local business' to share their export success!