Stakeholder Engagement for Energy Leaders
This half-day course, Stakeholder Engagement for Energy Leaders, focuses on understanding social risk and the business case for stakeholder engagement including developing the necessary stakeholder engagement strategies, policies and principles to move forward. It covers the fundamentals of stakeholder engagement for senior level management to take an informed approach to execute on engagement, consultation, and relationship building priorities.
The course objective is to help oil and gas industry leaders and others, who are accountable or responsible for managing and reporting on social risk, to understand why it is important and how to manage it through an ESG lens. It will deliver insights to build a stakeholder relations management system that is embedded throughout operations.
Who Should Attend?
Oil and gas professionals accountable or responsible for managing and reporting on social risk
Senior executives focused on ESG integration or stakeholder relations
Senior managers directly accountable for stakeholder relations
Senior managers in exploration and development impacted by stakeholder issues
Professionals directly responsible for stakeholder relations
What you will learn:
- Identify and manage social risk in the context of ESG integration
- Develop a stakeholder engagement strategy to address social risk
- Develop policies and procedures for planning, understanding social risk, setting direction, and defining deliverables
- Identify and prioritize stakeholders based on power and influence
- Track and report back to stakeholders effectively
- Identify internal responsibilities for engagement and drive engagement throughout the organization
- Identify opportunities for internal collaboration, improved resource allocation, and training to support engagement efforts
- Better understand effective Indigenous engagement
Carolyn Moore-Robin, President & Lead Strategist, CMR Consulting Inc.
Carolyn is the principal owner of CMR Consulting Inc. Drawing on her 35 years of national and international experience in extractive industries including oil, gas and mining, her client base continues to grow to include a broad range of industries, governments, private sector and not-for-profit organizations. Carolyn has established her credibility and reputation through taking a strategic and proactive approach to stakeholder and Indigenous engagement through developing effective risk management practices, enhanced relationship building, promoting understanding, participation and collaboration, and measuring impacts and effectiveness. She has led engagement activities for a variety of companies and communities, adding integrity to ESG practices and reporting, together with improved relationships, increased business opportunities, and approval of regulatory applications.