Emissions Management: Applicable Codes, Standards and Practices (June 3, 2021)
After attending this course attendees will be better prepared to:
- Apply standards and codes and manage emissions per current industry practices.
- Read and write internal corporate technical standards, review design on emission reduction requirements, and provide value-engineering solutions tailored to individual plants, facilities, pipelines, tank farms or compressor station networks.
- History of emissions and testing
- Terms and definitions
- Industry practices and implementation
- Types of equipment
- Manufacturing process improvements
- Packing manufacture’s emission best available technology
- Improvements for the future
- Current industry practices, codes, regulations applicable in Alberta and in General in Canada
- Problems, installation, and maintenance troubleshoot and tricks
Gobind N Khiani, a U of Calgary alumnus with a BSc in Civil Engineering and MSc in Mechanical Engineering is a seasoned change-maker, impacting industrial corporations and start-ups. He has a proven track record in technical and value engineering and holds a Fellowship in Engineering and an MBA.
He is the founder of Users Group (Engineering and Technical Subject Matter Experts), Alberta. Currently he holds the position of Vice Chairman of Standards Council of Canada. He has done peer review on Emissions Management regulatory documents for Environment and Climate Change Canada and participated in research and development initiatives for Emissions Management and Reduction Programs, Alberta and Canada's Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA) - a world-leading innovation alliance that set the model for sharing intellectual property to accelerate environmental performance.
Gobind draws upon a unique mix of public safety policy and start-up/venture capital experience. He has over 24 years of energy sector experience including regulatory, standards, technical compliance, strategy, governance, digital innovation, engineering management, technology, sustainable development, and operations. He is also skilled in Asset Integrity and Maintenance Management.
Gobind is involved in technical standards (energy, tech, public safety) and has been a mentor/judge at First Robotics Western Canada. He is also the past chair of Calgary Branch Executive Committee of APEGA.