- Should the energy transition be driven by the free market or by policymakers?
- Should emissions reductions ultimately be driven by producers & suppliers or the commercial & domestic consumers of energy?
- How can we meet the anticipated demand growth in energy whilst slashing emissions?
Citizens Energy Congress (taking place virtually, June 15-16) is committed to helping reset the energy agenda by asking the difficult questions and putting future low-carbon energy at the forefront of business planning and growth strategies.
Over two days, the Congress will provide a uniquely balanced debate between a broad audience of stakeholders from across the energy value chain, from energy industry professionals and policy-makers to investors and civil society.
Global speakers are among the thought-leaders who will challenge the concepts and constraints of the existing energy models and foster consensus-driven foundations for a low carbon energy system.
View the latest agenda and speaker line-up.
Evaluate Energy is an official media partner and readers can register for a complimentary pass. Limited availability.
Providing a platform for opinions to be heard on a global scale, the Citizens Energy Congress will inform strategic decision making and connect leaders from across the value chain to forge new partnerships, challenge opinions and define the future energy roadmap.
- Helle Thorning-Schmidt, Former Danish Prime Minister and Former CEO of Save the Children
- Dr Ernest Moniz, the 13th United States Secretary of Energy
- Prof. Jeffrey Sachs, Director of the Center for Sustainable Development, President of the Sustainable Development Solutions Network
- Peggy Liu, Chairperson, Joint US-China Collaboration on Clean Energy (JUCCCE)
- Bob Dudley, Chairman, Oil & Gas Climate Initiative
- Dr. Frank Mastiaux, CEO, Energie Baden-Württemberg AG (EnBW)
- Rich Lesser, CEO, Boston Consulting Group
- Lorenzo Simonelli, Chairman & CEO, Baker Hughes
- David Livingston, Senior Advisor, Office of the Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, U.S. Department of State
- Paul F. Browning, President and CEO, Mitsubishi Power Americas and Chief Regional Officer Europe, Middle East, Africa and Americas, Mitsubishi Power
- Francesco Gattei, CFO, Eni
- Nili Gilbert, Senior Advisor, BCG, Chair, Investment Committee, The David Rockefeller Fund, Chair, U.S. Policy, U.N. Net Zero Asset Owner Alliance, Steering Committee, California Climate Risk Disclosure Task Force
- Councillor Barney Crockett, Lord Provost of Aberdeen
- Dr. Jennifer Wilcox, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management (Acting Assistant Secretary), U.S. Department of Energy
- Mele Kolo Kyari, Group Managing Director, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
- Yuri Sebregts, Executive Vice-President Technology, CTO, Shell
- Claire O'Neill, Managing Director – Climate & Energy, World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Mark Brownstein, Senior Vice President of Energy, Environmental Defense Fund
- Patrick Child, Deputy Director-General, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission
- John Defterios, Former Emerging Markets Editor, CNN & Chairman, The Agora Group
- Mark Campanale, Founder and Executive Chair, Carbon Tracker
- Jason Bordoff, Professor of Professional Practice in International and Public Affairs, Co-Founding Dean, Columbia Climate School, Founding Director, Center on Global Energy Policy
- Francine Lacqua, Anchor and Editor-at-large, Bloomberg TV
- Harry Verhaar, Vice-President and Head of Global Public & Government Affairs, Signify
- Brian Sullivan, Executive Director, IPIECA
- Jules Kortenhorst, CEO, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Dan Murphy, Correspondent, CNBC
- Dr Annegret Groebel, President, Council of European Energy Regulators (CEER)
- Rana Adib, Executive Director, REN21
- Julien Perez, VP Strategy & Policy, Oil and Gas Climate Initiative
- Simon Birkebaek, Partner, Boston Consulting Group
- Dr James Henderson, Director, Natural Gas Programme, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
- Dr Sara Walker, Reader in Energy and Director of The Centre for Energy, School of Engineering, Newcastle University
- Ryan Chilcote, Award winning PBS NewsHour correspondent, Bloomberg Television and CNN alumnus
- Nick Stansbury, Head of Climate Solutions, Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM)
- Luca Corradi, Innovation Network Director, OGTC
- Arthur Hanna, Visiting Professor of Energy Economics, School of Business and Economics, Loughborough University (UK)
- Eithne Treanor, Presenter, Citizens Energy Congress
Book your pass today
To register, visit the Citizens Energy Congress website.