Organizers of the sixth annual Calgary Women in Leadership Energy Forum are gearing up for another busy session on November 21.
The event, which has sold out every year, offers a platform for small and large actors in the energy and technology sectors to share their views on the future landscape of the industry.
A key focus this year is on education and advocacy, a central theme that runs through the day’s five sessions, says Bina Kamath, executive director of WIL’s Calgary chapter.
Panel session topics include Technology & Digitalization, the Future of Energy, Advocacy & Communication, Diversity & Inclusion, and Creativity & Innovation.
“Right now the world kind of seems divided with regards to oil and gas, so we felt that these topics would help open people’s minds as well as provide insight into current events in the industry and its commitment to protecting the environment and innovation,” Kamath says.
“We need to be advocates because a lot of information is speculation and hearsay, and we want to do our little bit to squash that.”
November 21, 2019
Calgary Marriott Downtown
10AM – 5PM
10:00 Opening Remarks
10:10 – 11:10 Panel: FUTURE OF ENERGY
Moderator: Wendy Ell, Director of Strategic Partnerships, JWN
- Alison Cretney, Managing Director, Energy Futures Lab
- Meera Nathwani-Crowe, Technology and Innovation Manager, Canadian Natural Resources
- Caitlin Lopez, Productivity Advisor, GO Productivity
- Carol Howes, VP Communications and PetroLMI, Energy Safety Canada
11:20 – 12:20 Panel: CREATIVITY & INNOVATION
Moderator: Carol Crowfoot, Former EVP Strategy and Regulatory, Alberta Energy Regulator
- Rebecca Holding, Breakthrough and Innovation Manager, Imperial
- Lisa Genovese, Founder and CEO, Bottomline Marketing
- Brittney Ramsay, President and CEO, Britt Land & Engagement
- Laura McIntyre, VP Engineering, Acceleware
12:40 – 1:40 Luncheon Session: DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Moderator: Erin Thorp, Director of Leadership Development, CANA Ltd.
- Jeffrey Duek, IT Manager, Chevron
- Jennifer Wyatt, Policy and Regulator Advisor, Chevron
- Chantal Cabaj, President, DirectHER Network
- Alicia Bjarnason, Founder, Co-host of (Ex)clusion Podcast/Founder of Women’s Workplace Improvement Network
- Charlene Waugh, Inclusion and Diversity Manager, Suncor Energy
1:50 – 2:20 Speaker: ADVOCACY & COMMUNICATION
Speaker: Geena Jackson, VP of Indigenous Advancement and Business Development, Allteck Ltd. Partnership
2:20 – 3:20 Panel: TECHNOLOGY & DIGITALIZATION
Moderator: Dione McGuinness, Engagement Manager, Britt Land & Engagement
- Mark van Engelen, Enterprise Architect Director, CGI
- Jamie Yuen, VP of Engineering, Copperstone Tech
- Zeynin Zuma, Senior Solution Architect, Husky Energy
- Joanne Pires, Director of Marketing, SkyX
- Jessica Wiseman, Senior Manager Consulting and Deals, PWC
3:50 – 2:20 Speaker: ADVOCACY & COMMUNICATION
Speaker: Deborah Yedlin, Partner, Longview Communications