APRIL 12: CALGARY PETROLEUM CLUB
The oilsands industry is continuing to face increasing cost and environmental pressures. Since the downturn, many companies have successfully achieved cost cutting measures from operational efficiency gains. The next steps to improving profitability will come from innovative technology deployment that increases production, and reduces the cost of carbon compliance.
Co-injection of non-condensable gases (NCG) with steam is an immediate and lower cost opportunity that has the potential to improve SAGD oil production rates, while reducing steam-oil ratios and greenhouse gas emissions.
NCG co-injection technology has been applied in a variety of field trials. Its applications range from thermal insulation in mid-life SAGD to pressure maintenance in late-life SAGD, and thief zone management.
In this technical panel, SAGD industry representatives will discuss recent learnings from NCG co-injection trials, including implementation strategies and results.
- Trevor Phenix, TOP Analysis
- Brennan Kulba, Suncor Energy
- Adil Fakirani, ConocoPhillips Canada
- Michael Holmes, Cenovus Energy
APRIL 17: BMO CENTRE STAMPEDE PARK
In the highly competitive world of oil production, oilsands projects face headwinds on multiple fronts.
The Slugging it Out Conference provides a unique environment to collaborate with industry professionals and promote the success of all heavy and extra heavy oil projects.
Presentations will focus on project updates, performance and reservoir case studies, new and emerging ideas and technologies, facility design and project economics
The format of the event encourages open dialogue with the attendees and presenters to maximize knowledge sharing and learning.
- The First Nations-led Energy Corridor: The Eagle Spirit Solution for getting Canadian Energy Resources to World Markets
- The Power of Multilaterals at Marten Hills
- Development of the biggest European SAGD project
- History and Current Status of Heavy Oil Development and Technologies in China
- Challenges and Learnings from a Heavy Oil Project in Albania
- Comedian Kome Eto (Suncor Energy): It’s Alright To Laugh At Work
- Emerging Technologies in Oil Sands
- Overview of History, Status and Outlook for Solvent Use to Recover Bitumen
- Demystifying the IIOT for Heavy Oil
- RF Heating: Results from a 100 kW Field Test
- The Effectiveness of Flow Control Devices in the Leismer Asset
- Update of Imperial’s LASER (Liquid Addition to Steam for Enhanced Recovery) Project at Cold Lake
- Update on JACOS Hangingstone Expansion Start-up
APRIL 24: FACULTY CLUB, UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA, EDMONTON
MAY 9: COWBOYS CASINO, CALGARY
It’s the second annual CHOA Poker Night! It promises to be a unique, fun event, in support of the Canadian Heavy Oil Association. We are partnering with Cowboys Casino to bring you an evening of networking, appies, silent auction and, of course, poker.
*Limited seats available! Must be 18+ to participate
- Featuring exclusive silent auction and special guests
- No Limit Texas Hold’em Format. Re-buys available
- Registration discounts for groups of 3 or more