It’s less than one week until the Canadian Heavy Oil Association’s 2017 Fall Conference, and the line-up is coming together for a day guaranteed to change your mind about what it means to be “savvy” in the oilsands industry.
Here are eight of the sessions you can look forward to:
- Changing perception of our industry: What is the new savvy?
Jeff Gaulin, Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers; Laurie Stretch, Stretch Communication
- The changing role of engineering, procurement and construction in project innovation
Trevor Phenix, Hive Innovation; Jeremy Stauth, Propak; Kevin Allsopp, Wood Group
- The competitive landscape: How key Canadian plays compare
Ian Nieboer, RS Energy; Juan Jarrah, TD Securities
- Reverse Auctions: A better alternative for procuring products and services?
Mike Cameron, NL Fisher; Jeff Tooth, Harvest Energy; Dave Kuindersma, Imperial Oil
- Keynote presentation: Green Savvy – What are we going to do about the environment?
Dr. Patrick Moore, former president of Greenpeace Canada
- New technologies highlight
Geoff Clarke, Acceleware; Ed Veith, Fractal Systems
- A tale of two acquisitions: Canadian Natural buys Shell out of upstream oilsands; Cenovus takes over SAGD partnership from ConocoPhillips
- Project updates
Heather Scott, PetroChina Canada on MacKay River SAGD, and more TBA